| A U D I O S E S S I O N
How To Deliver Cost-Effective Outsourcing
For Sponsors and Providers
||Live Audio-Session featuring
Vantage Partners LLC
Pharmaceutical organizations and contract research organizations are increasingly entering into referred provider arrangements of various kinds. These arrangements promise value for all:
- greater and more predictable volume for the providers
- savings and discounts for sponsors
- improved innovation and service levels
- enhanced operational efficiencies, and more.
The vision is great, but delivering on this vision is challenging, with both pharmaceutical organizations and providers continuing to struggle with how to achieve it. Central R&D sourcing organizations face significant barriers to shifting volume to preferred providers. At the same time, internal business units worry about risk, the preferred provider’s ability to deliver against multiple projects, and how to actually manage these projects and relationships. The providers wonder when and if promised value will actually be delivered, and, as a consequence, are unclear about how much and what form of investment they ought to make, and for what period of time. All involved struggle with how best to monitor their over-arching relationships, how to align around shared goals and manage different ones, and how to jointly foster shared success. To create the kind of value that is clearly possible to achieve by working together, both pharmaceutical organizations and contract research organizations need to build new capabilities to actively manage these new forms of relationships.
In this 90 minute audio session you will:
- Learn about the key internal and external challenges to making sponsor/provider relationships work, and strategies for overcoming them that can be applied to your organization
- Explore the core processes, tools and skills that both sponsors and providers need to systematically manage their relationships for maximum value
- See examples of some best practice software and tools that are being used to enable
- higher levels of performance transparency across portfolios of providers
- effective, informed joint planning
- joint monitoring of the over-arching relationship
- greater internal alignment in both sponsor and provider organizations
- Have the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of experts in sponsor-provider relationship management
By participating in this session, you will have the opportunity to bring your own experiences (and questions) into the discussion and receive expert feedback. The session will be a 60-minute presentation with 30 minutes interactive Q&A woven throughout the talk.
Invite your whole team to join you - the fee is the same as long as you are on one line, just put it on speakerphone!
About the Session Leader
Stuart Kliman is a founding partner of Vantage Partners LLC, and heads up Vantage’s Pharmaceuticals Practice Area. As such, he has worked to help Pharmaceutical organizations build and implement the processes, tools, skills and structures necessary to more effectively manage alliance and key supplier relationships, and has also worked with CRO’s to help them develop the capability to work more effectively with key customers.
Mr. Kliman is a former member of the Harvard Negotiation Project, and practiced as an attorney with the law firm of Arent, Fox, Kintner, Plotkin & Kahn in Washington, D.C. Mr. Kliman is a member of the Maryland Bar and received his J.D. cum laude from Harvard Law School and his B.A. magna cum laude from Franklin & Marshall College. Mr. Kliman is a regular speaker and writer on issues of alliance and key supplier relationship management.